St Catherine Monastery is Situated in a stunning setting at the foot of Mount Sinai on the reputed site of Moses’ Burning Bush, St Catherine Monastery is one of the oldest and most important Christian monasteries in the world.
- The trip starts at about 5 :40 am where we will collect you from your hotel and drive for 2 ½ to 3 hours. We will make one stop along the way at a beautiful valley with lovely sand dunes. We go directly to Catherine Village, arriving there at about 9:45 and visit the monastery of St. Catherine which lies at the foot of Mount Moses in the heart of South Sinai.
- You will get a guided tour to see the most famous monuments of South Sinai with a lot of attractions like the Church of Transfiguration, The Skull House, Moses Well and the Burning Bush with all the historical explanations from our licensed guide. After visiting the monastery you will get free time where you can visit the museum of the monastery which contains the oldest icons and manuscripts of the early stage of Christianity. It is the world’s second largest collection of illuminated manuscripts after the Vatican.The entry of the museum costs 25le (not included). You can take photos during this free time.
- We drive back to Dahab City where we get our lunch in a local restaurant. After lunch you will have the chance to go shopping in Dahab or look around this wonderful city.We will arrive back in Sharm El Sheikh at around 17.30-18.00 and you will be taken back to your hotel.
- Hotel Pick-up and Drop-Off from Sharm El Sheikh hotels .
- Air-conditioned transportation.
- English-speaking guide.
- Entrance to St Catherine’s Monastery including the Burning Bush, the Chapel and the Mosaic Transfiguration).
- Refreshments other than those listed above.
- Optional gratuities.
- Monastery Museum.
- Drinks in Restaurant
- Private tour for Solo Traveler will cost 120 USD
- Private Tour For 2 to 4 People will cost 62 USD per person.
- Private Tour for 5 to 10 People will cost 50 USD per person.
TAKE WITH YOU
- Breakfast box from your hotel
- sunhat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Valid passport.
- Dress covering arms, shoulders and legs should be adhered to in order to enter the monastery, for both men and women.
- Availability: Everyday
- Pickup: Around 05:40 am
- Return: around 05:30 pm
- Tour duration: about 12 hours